HeadsuP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Workings today 24/04/10
Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010 - 17:27 by graham.70007

» Lincs Locos has Moved!
Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton EmptyMon 8 Nov 2010 - 16:02 by onlydjw

» Change of Forum
Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton EmptyMon 8 Nov 2010 - 1:12 by onlydjw

» Martin Bray, Swansea, UK
Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton EmptyMon 8 Nov 2010 - 1:02 by DaveK

» London Bits and Pieces 06.11.10
Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton EmptySun 7 Nov 2010 - 18:15 by Jenkster

» Willesden V.Early 04.11.10
Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton EmptyThu 4 Nov 2010 - 20:53 by Jenkster

» WSMR Services Friday 5 November
Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton EmptyThu 4 Nov 2010 - 18:01 by Matt Brown

» Only 1 posting in 2 days?
Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton EmptyThu 4 Nov 2010 - 15:52 by 55k

» 2011 membership
Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton EmptyThu 4 Nov 2010 - 14:14 by sharpo

Statistics
We have 373 registered users
The newest registered user is centurian

Our users have posted a total of 6056 messages in 4047 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 181 on Thu 8 Oct 2020 - 20:21
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton

4 posters

Go down

Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton Empty Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton

Post  worcestershed Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 12:20

Can anyone give me a good photo spot on the line between Hams Hall & Nuneaton to save me going into Nuneaton, it's specifically for the 66'7's on the Liners.. Smile
worcestershed
worcestershed

http://martinjones.fotopic.net/

Back to top Go down

Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton Empty Re: Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton

Post  wetbag Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 12:26

whitacre junction just by the throast of Hams Hall is good but a bit shadowy at this time of year Sad

its bridge is now quite high Evil or Very Mad and some low steps are an advantage

this location also provides extra freight on the link to kingsbury junction and can be busy

HTH

Wetbag
wetbag
wetbag
Admin

Back to top Go down

Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton Empty Re: Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton

Post  worcestershed Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 12:33

Thanks

I think Barry took me there after a day at Water Orton earlier in the year, the bridge is high, it was also getting a bit overgrown, as you say it was busy.
worcestershed
worcestershed

Back to top Go down

Post  wetbag Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 14:20

There is a shop and a pub close by and plenty of places to park Wink

have you tried the "trainspots" site fir other ideas?

wetbag
wetbag
wetbag
Admin

Back to top Go down

Photo locations between Hams Hall & Nuneaton Empty Foot Crossing

Post  Bigman Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 21:02

If you head to Hoggrills End nr Coleshill you will pick up a footpath that takes you to the Curve for Whitacre Jn , Cracking Shot ......
Bigman
Bigman
Admin

https://headsuptheforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gridiron 133 Tue 3 Nov 2009 - 22:12

wetbag wrote:whitacre junction just by the throast of Hams Hall is good but a bit shadowy at this time of year Sad

its bridge is now quite high Evil or Very Mad and some low steps are an advantage

this location also provides extra freight on the link to kingsbury junction and can be busy

HTH

Wetbag

When I went there in June I parked in the engineers yard (on the LHS just before the bridge coming from the north).They were quite happy for me to park just inside the gate up against the fence...good trackside shots to the east of stuff coming up from Nuneaton , for stuff heading west you need to walk into the yard about 50 foot or so as it's quite close to the bridge and you don't get much in the shot otherwise.
cheers

GI 133

Gridiron 133

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigman Tue 3 Nov 2009 - 22:21

Gridiron 133 wrote:
wetbag wrote:whitacre junction just by the throast of Hams Hall is good but a bit shadowy at this time of year Sad

HTH

Wetbag

When I went there in June I parked in the engineers yard (on the LHS just before the bridge coming from the north).They were quite happy for me to park just inside the gate up against the fence...good trackside shots to the east of stuff coming up from Nuneaton , for stuff heading west you need to walk into the yard about 50 foot or so as it's quite close to the bridge and you don't get much in the shot otherwise.
cheers

GI 133

If you walk out of that yard and get to the main road , turn right and go about half a mile you will see a Road go off to the Right Up a Slope to Hoggrills End , Go over the Metal Bridge (Whitacre - Kingsbry avoider) and you will see a Public Footpath on the right , this takes you to the Boarded Footcrossing across the Line
Bigman
Bigman
Admin

https://headsuptheforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gridiron 133 Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 0:52

At the top of the hill going past Daw Mill Colliery main gate there is a RH turn and about 50 to 100 yds down this road is a crossing over the mainline on the LHS.You can park just along from it.
cheers

GI 133

Gridiron 133

Back to top Go down

Post  worcestershed Fri 13 Nov 2009 - 20:39

Thanks to everyone for the headsup...

Had a good meander today and found a couple of good spots thanks to you guys..

Sadly the rain came but no 66'7's.... Sad

I guess theres always another day..
worcestershed
worcestershed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down